Friday, July 20, 2012

Days Without Horses

It's been a little strange to be away from the horses for a bit... I keep feeling like I should be going out to the farm to make feed, groom, work or just visit Alex.  This is a fun trip, but I can't wait to get back and see/work my boys.  I suppose some time away is good, because then I have a chance to think of new approaches to the things I am trying to teach them.  And you know the old saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder."  This is certainly true of me and the ponies.  I'm also missing my pups, but I know they are having a big time playing with the dog sitter's crew.  It's funny how you can get so used to having your pets around, they really are like family.

Next week I'm looking forward to putting Gryff back to work.  I have not been in the saddle since June 30th and I just know my legs are going to be jello after the first few rides.  I hope the weather is not too terrible in August, I'd really like to get Gryff out to another schooling show, before it is time to take him to his next event. 

Well I'm off to enjoy the day, tomorrow it will be time to fly home and back to my fur-babies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment