Monday, September 23, 2013

Blogger Foul

 
 
I've committed a blogger foul...and my only excuse is that I've been so busy with my horse, I haven't had time to write my blogs.  To be perfectly honest, keeping up with all your fabulous blogs and riding Alex has been plenty for me, so I took a little hiatus :)
 
Alex is back in full work and learning all sorts of new things like leg-yields at walk and trot and shoulder-in at the walk.  We've been hacking around the main part of the farm which has been nice and just recently started jumping again...Alex didn't seem to miss a beat!
 
Thursday before last was pedicure day and Alex's feet had grown so much foot in 5 weeks that my farrier asked me if we'd missed an appt.  Although his feet look fabulous, I'm still living in fear of another fall/winter abscess :-/
 
Last Tuesday Alex had his teeth done (he gets his done every six months because he grows hooks) which he wasn't pumped about, but thankfully there was a large cocktail involved, so it went quickly and smoothly. 
 
Zzz... Sleepy Alex
 
Saturday Alex gave me a scare with a belly ache that I was worried would turn into colic.  Fortunately after lots of walking, grazing and a little Banamine, all was well.  Nothing to get your undivided attention like a horse with colic symptoms!
 
Sunday we had a great ride, despite cooler weather, wind and company in the arena.  Alex was very forward and "through" which was wonderful!
 
More riding tomorrow!
 

Barn kitties on guard in the feed room

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo. Sounds like Alex is being great! Always nice to not be blogging because you're too busy at the barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but makes it hard to keep up with everyone's blogs, I miss one day and it's hours catching up :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay! As long as you're happily busy, not blogging is okay (though of course we miss you...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are finally getting back on track. Seems like you had a rough summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a little rough, but sometimes that's part of the journey with a horse :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it has been a little rough, but sometimes that's part of the journey with a horse :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome back :)

    That is awesome that things are going so well riding wise! Keep up the good work!

    Boo about the Colic scare but glad he is ok.

    ReplyDelete