Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Anybody?



Being that I'm a Green Bay Packers fan (like crazy insane... I'm not kidding, seriously), I didn't have much opinion about who on this Super Bowl, but I thought both of these pics were pretty funny :-)  

For those who didn't notice, I took a little hiatus from blogging.  Honestly, with all the cold weather we've had around here, it's been all I could do just to keep riding.  Alex and I have been pretty hard core, still working on the flat (in the indoor in a quarter sheet of course) in temps down to about 8 degrees.  Mostly, I'm just trying to keep us in a routine, without putting too much emphasis on meeting goals.  

In other news, I did put Alex on Succeed and he seems to be doing well on it.  We're not quite 30 days in, so once we've done the suggested 90 days, I'll let you know what I think of the product.  We're also in the process of switching feeds from McCauley's ALAM to Hallway Fibrenergy.  Again, once Alex is firmly on the Hallway feed, I'll let you know about that too.  I'm overhauling our feeding program, so there will be more changes to come.

Hope all you in cold, colder and coldest climates are managing to survive this cold weather, I don't know about you, but I'm counting the days to spring!

8 comments:

  1. When does your new saddle come? That will make the last weeks of winter go by faster I would think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My saddle actually has been here since 12/11 :-) I love, love, LOVE it!!!

      Delete
  2. Those pics are funny!
    Must catch up on your adventures with Alex, sadly I haven't been able to check in since Sept or Oct :'(

    Hope all goes well with the changes & I'm looking forward to review posts :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm! Hope all the feed changes get Alex back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I think everyone in this area got uber spoiled by the mild winter we had last year. As far as the changes, I just want Alex to LOVE his feed. He currently just "likes" the ALAM so we'll see how things go with Hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. We're all counting the days to Spring.

    ReplyDelete