Friday, August 7, 2015

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

While I'm not a Greatful Dead fan...that title seemed perfect for this post. I realize it's been a while, actually almost a year. There's several reasons for my radio silence, but mostly it was that with everything going on in my life, I didn't have the heart to blog.
Last fall was the beginning of a very rough time for me personally, as I struggled with a close family member's mental illness. At the very same time, Alex, who should have been my solace, was chronically unhappy and lame. I was miserable and didn't feel like articulating that and inflicting that on the blogosphere.
So, after treatment for my family member and for my horse, we've come out the other side a little stronger, a little happier and a little more sane :)

In exciting news, Alex went to his very first show two weeks ago! It was a big test for him, having to do a Dressage test, Cross-country course and Stadium round...had some unexpected trouble with Stadium, but we survived. Lots to work on, but also learned a ton!

So here's to getting back to blogging.
Kick on everyone :)

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a troublesome year, glad to hear things are back on track for all involved and congrats on your first show. Bet that felt amazeballs *hugs*
    We missed you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It was mostly amazeballs ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I had missed you and had been hoping all was well with you. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough year, but glad that things have fallen into place and everything is better! Big congrats on your first show with Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it took us a while, but we got there!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you have had a hard year - just catching up on the blog.

    ReplyDelete